Wordpress Welcome Announcement Plugin
Warning: Illegal string offset 'wordbooker_share_button_post' in /homepages/12/d298835694/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wordbooker/wordbooker.php on line 1820
Warning: Illegal string offset 'wordbooker_share_button_page' in /homepages/12/d298835694/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wordbooker/wordbooker.php on line 1821
Warning: Illegal string offset 'wordbooker_like_button_post' in /homepages/12/d298835694/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wordbooker/wordbooker.php on line 1970
Warning: Illegal string offset 'wordbooker_like_button_page' in /homepages/12/d298835694/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wordbooker/wordbooker.php on line 1971
Warning: Illegal string offset 'wordbooker_like_button_post' in /homepages/12/d298835694/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wordbooker/wordbooker.php on line 1898
Warning: Illegal string offset 'wordbooker_like_button_page' in /homepages/12/d298835694/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wordbooker/wordbooker.php on line 1899
Current Version: 1.0.3, November 25th, 2009
- Donwload, Installation and Configuration
- Change log
Demo: As you loaded this page, you have probably enjoyed a welcome message. To see it again, just refresh the page again or click here.
This plugin displays a welcome announcement when a visitor enters your blog. The announcement is shown over a transparent veil with an appearance effect, displayed for the defined duration and then taken offscreen with a disappearance effect. The plugin supports announcement in flash format (swf) and standard HTML announcement.
The plugin is packaged with a default animation (welcome_demo.swf) animating a customizable text. Upon installation, the default announcement message is âWelcome to [your-blog-name]â. You can of course edit it to your needs.
An HTML announcement can be defined and supports all standard HTML tags, including text and images. There is wysiwyg editor in the administration panel to help you design it. If you fancy rich content, you can also add it.
For convenience, your visitors will see your announcement only once, at the frequency you define. A cookie is set with your specified expiration date and returning visitors wonât see the welcome message again before the cookie expires.
The announcement is shown on any page, as long as the visitor has not yet seen it. It is very useful if people are redirected to your articles / pages from other blogs or search engines. It has been testes on Internet Explorer 6+ and Firefox 3+.
- Welcome announcement in Flash animation or static (HTML format)
- You can dynamically pass parameters to your flash file
- If you choose the flash format, you can provide an alternate content in case the visitor doesnât have flash installed in his browser.
- You can temporarily enable or disable the welcome announcement
- You can style the announcement: dimensions and background color. Further customization is possible via the provided CSS file.
- You can style the veil: background color and transparency. Further customization is possible via the provided CSS file.
- You can completely set up the animation flow: appearance phase duration and effects, display phase duration, and disappearance phase duration and effects. About 20 effects are proposed for appearance and disappearance, ranging from simple show and slide to stunning infinite zoom or explosion.
- You can set cookie parameters: name and expiration.
- A fully fledged configuration page where you can completely set up your welcome announcement. Detailed description of each parameter and visual aids like wysiwyg text editors or color selectors.
Welcome announcement, Flash, animation, static, HTML, flash parameters, flash vars, alternate content, style, opacity, transparency, flow, effects, fx, appearance, disappearance, cookie, cross-browser, cross-platform, IE, Internet explorer, Firefox.
Installation is very easy.
- Download the package here
- Unzip it
- Upload the folder to your Wordpress site in the plugins folder: /wp-content/plugins
- Log in to your Wordpress admin page, go to the plugins menu and activate Welcome Announcement.
- Thatâs it , you have a functional welcome announcement.
- You can open you Wordpress blog to see how the default animation looks.
Configuration: To configure the welcome announcement, log in your Wordpress administration panel and under the theme menu group, locate the link âWelcome announcementâ and click it. This opens the welcome announcement options page. Just go through the section and make your changes.
Nota: it is recommended to test the appearance of your announcement by opening your blog page. After you make modification to the plugin options, modify the cookie name to view yourself the changes.
I have tested it on many Wordpress 2.8.5 installations, under various themes, under Internet Explorer and Firefox.
Normally, there shouldnât be any problem. If there is, make sure your theme calls the functions wp_head and wp_footer. A good theme should call them. Isn’t it?!
For the announcement:
- SWFObject for embedding flash objects
- jQuery 1.3.2 for appearance and disappearance effects development
- jQuery Easing plugin v1.3
For the admin page:
- jQuery 1.3.2 and jQuery UI 1.7.2 for the tabbed interface
- 201a.js for color selection on admin page
- nicEdit latest (as of today: 0.9 r23) to ease HTML content writing
v1.0.5 Corrected a bug with the add_theme_page call in WP 3.0
v1.0.4 Added the following:
- Â Corrected an addressing bug, thanks to Luis from judowaza.net
- Opted for the wa prefix instead of welcome_
v1.0.3: Added the following:
- 1. All scripts loaded using wp_enqueue_scripts and via the hooks wp_print_scripts // admin_print_scripts
2. All stylesheets loaded using wp_enqueue_style and via the hooks wp_print_styles // admin_print_styles
3. Correct noConflict mode to ensure smooth running in presence of other js libraries
v1.0.2: Added the following:
- 1. Ready for internationalization. Loaded with a pot file and a french translation
2. Array of options
3. Restore Default Options Button
4. Dynamic loading of embarqued librairies like jQuery
5. Improved default values
Leave any comment or bug report on this page.