My phone is using the firmware R2BA026 Generic. As of now, the 2.1 « kit » is not out yet for my phone.
While wondering how to get it faster, I just tested a procedure using tips on xda forum. Here it is:
– download 1-click root (from here) and root your phone
– install Root Manager and open it. NB: you might have to restart Root Manager the first time
– in root manager, click the top-right button to have rw permissions
– navigate to the system folder
– long click on default.prop and select « open in text editor ». Root Manager opens the file.
– edit this two lines: ro.semc.version.cust and ro.semc.version.cust_version
In the two lines, change the number xxxx-xxxx to 1234-8465.
Save and exit.
Reboot the phone.
You are now reday to update!
Thanks Arkedk for the tip. You shall certainly make my night.